Posted by Dorine King on November 30th, 2016 in
Where do Essential Oils come from?
Essential oils come from all parts of the plant
- The fruit rind gives us the citrus essential oils such as Bergamot or Sweet Orange
- The flowering tops produce such essential oil as Chamomile or Lavender
- Leaves give us essential oils like Eucalyptus or Geranium
- Grasses give us oils like Lemongrass
- Resin produces some favorite essential oils like Myrrh or Opoponax
- Wood gives us Sandalwood
- Needles, twigs and cones give us the Pines, Spruces, and Fir essential oils
- The rhizome is where Spikenard comes from
- Berries give us such oils as Juniper
- Seeds give us oils like Fennel
- Bulbs are where we get Garlic essential oil
- The nut gives us essential oil of Nutmeg
- Even the root of the grass gives us one of my favorite essential oils, Vetiver!